Still in Carrollton...(bet you didn't see that one coming!). According to our loan officer, we are getting closer. I am so ready for this change it's not even funny.
A few weeks ago (or was it last week?), our landlord calls to ask how we wanted to go about people looking at the house. Never having done it before, I just let out a long "ummmm...". Then he said "How about I give them your number and let you guys set it up on your own time."
Perfect. Or so it seemed.
The first people came. Two sisters. They checked out the place, we told them about the landlord. La la la. They wanted to come back but bring their uncle who was a contractor, which was fine. Then they called back and said they found another place.
A few days later, this guy comes over to look at the place while Daniel was home. He liked the place too.
The next day, I'm off work wandering around the house in my sexy flannel pajamas and huge sweater. My hair still had that "just got up" look. The dogs started barking up a storm. Figuring they were barking at the stupid neighbors, I brought them inside but they continued to bark. I looked out the window at a young lady, man, and baby coming down the driveway. Crap.
When I opened the door and peeked out, the lady said "I'm sorry to show up unannounced, but your landlord said if there was a car in the driveway we could come by."
If there's a car in the driveway??? I'm sorry?
I let them in, apologizing for the mess and my appearance. They seemed to like the place too.
Earlier this week, Daniel had another guy come by to look at the place. Plus there was the drummer guy, his girlfriend and her little sister... they called ahead of time.
Today, Daniel gets a phone call from the landlord saying someone was sitting at the top of our driveway wanting to check the place out. Daniel was on his way to work, I had just got off work and was dead asleep. Daniel looked out the window but no one was up there...so he left.
Suddenly the dogs start barking and barking and barking!! Guess those people came out of hiding finally. I didn't get up.
I understand that you want to find someone else to move into the house. I got that, I really do. But you have NO right to tell someone just to show up if there is a car in the driveway! What the heck?? Some people have lives! Not me, but other people do! The last thing I want to do when I get off work is to let someone in to look at this house. Get a flippin' grip!
So basically, I'm really ready to get out of this house... Can you tell?
No comments:
Post a Comment