Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pretending to work

Sitting at work...I'm a very good employee huh? Just listening to the silence and the type on computers of some coworkers as they try to keep themselves awake. Sometimes I think it is torture...those of us who work 3rd shift. I mean, normal people are asleep... I'm sitting here watching some girls sleep! Well that sounds creepy. But the fact is that I have to sit here all night making sure these girls don't do anything while they are all snuggly warm in their beds. Ba-humbug!

On other news...I'm ready more than ever to get out of Carrollton. I mean it's coming. Or at least I'm praying everything will work out right. We started packing up (and throwing away!) some stuff today. We got all the little stuff from the office all put up. It's amazing how much stuff we have! After we moved into this house...I hated it. I didn't want to put up pictures or anything bc I wanted to move out. I figured this was just a short term living situation. I mean I guess almost three years is short term, but it feels like we've been here forever! But the amazing part is, that even though I didn't want to make this house a "home", it happened anyways. All the little knick knacks we have all over the house. The pictures we ended up putting up. Even the walls that we painted...it made it home.

I'll be sad to leave this place. Sad because it was the first house Daniel and I ever lived in together. But on the flip side, Carrollton to me is related to college and I'm passed that stage in my life. Every where I go in Carrollton I seem to be surrounded by people younger than me and I'm tired of it. I'm ready to be with people more my age. People who can relate to me more. I'm ready to find a good church. I'm ready to move into our first house. Ready to start a family.

On Friday we were told that we are waiting for the house to get appraised. Not sure what happens after that...but I'm ready.

Whatever happens, happens. God is in control. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment