Monday, June 4, 2012

Time Flies

I cannot believe how fast time zooms by!! Danny is almost 15 months old now. It is absolutely crazy to think about. Some times I miss the days when I could just lay him on the couch and go to the bathroom knowing he was safe. Now, if I slip out of the room, I can hear little pounding footstomps and moments later he peeks around the wall and smiles at me. Danny loves his Lego's. We gave him some for his first birthday. At the time, we only pulled maybe ten out for him to play with. Now he plays with all of them and many times throughout the day. He doesn't stack them yet (not on purpose anyways!) but he loves pouring them out of the container and scattering them around the living room. He always puts them back though, which is great. He is upstairs now for his morning nap. I can hear him talking to himself. He loves saying 'Bye' and has a great country accent when saying it! He also loves pointing to the dogs and letting me know what they are. He can say 'Anna' although it turns into 'Nana' often. I was trying to get him to say his cousin's name a few weekends ago. I kept telling him to 'Say Asa' and finally he said 'Bob'! Close enough! He calls the Fish 'dog' too, but if I ask him where are the fish, he will point to them. If he gets his hands on a paper towel, he will wipe his mouth. He loves chicken, but isn't a big fan of beef yet. I think some of the best moments are when I pick him up after a nap and he immediately lays his head on my shoulder. It's the perfect snuggle. Sometimes, if he is having a hard day, he will come lay his head on my lap. He also always gets so excited when his Dada comes home. I try to get outside before Dada arrives so that we can wave as he is coming down the driveway. Sometimes Danny's little legs won't go fast enough, but Danny stands on tippy toes to look out the window as Dada walks across the yard. Recently we started playing a game where Danny will be in the kitchen with me and I'll sneak out. I quickly run through the dining room and living room til I'm standing behind him in the hall. He peers into the kitchen, then turns around and spots me. He comes running towards me, I squeal and run back around to the kitchen. After awhile, he starts to catch on and runs to the other side as fast as he can go. Then I spice things up and either don't go anywhere. It keeps him entertained for awhile (until I get tired of running!). Danny surprises me daily. He is amazing and so smart. On other news, at the end of May marked my ten years since I graduated from high school. I feel old! This October will be Daniel and my ten years together (six years of marriage). Like I said, time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment