I do believe Danny has my sense of humor. Which is absolutely wonderful!
Yesterday he started “cleaning” his highchair tray. He just runs his hand back and forth across the top. I thank him kindly for cleaning up. :) Well today, I poured a handful of cheerios on the tray. I bet you know where this is going… With a few swipes of his hand, all the cheerios hit the floor. I picked up 19 cheerios.
I can’t complain. I love watching him learn. Watching him grow. It’s amazing how he learns something so quickly. It is scary to think of him venturing out though, becoming his own little independent person. Started with him crawling a few months ago. He just started exploring. I had to fight the urge not to put him back on his blankets. Now he has started cruising on the furniture. He can go from one end of the couch all the way around (we have a large sectional) to the coffee table and slowly making his way to the fish tank.
He has also realized how much fun it is to toss toys over the side of his crib or to knock book off the couch. I could stop him. I could tell him not to do that anymore...but why? When he is older I will teach him how to clean it back up but for right now, I want to let him explore. Sometimes he does pick up his books (not all of them of course) but then just knocks them back down.
I love being a mom.
On a side note, we now only have two dogs. We officially gave Cassie up to a loving home (Daniel's parents). She didn't like Danny. She never tried to harm him or anything, but she just stayed far away from him. Our main problem with her was the barking. At everything. The wind blew and she would bark. A leaf fell off the tree and she would bark. I kept her outside most of the day, but she always knew when Danny was napping because that's when she barked the most. She's happier now. And so am I!
No comments:
Post a Comment