Sometime during the end of summer or beginning of fall Danny finally started babbling. It seemed to take him a while longer than other babes. Maybe not, but I felt like it did. Once the babbling had begun, he talked all the time. If I was talking, he would talk over me. If I got louder, he made sure his little babbles were heard. Finally I would stop talking just to listen; he had something he wanted to say and it was important.
I think around the time Danny's cousin, Asa, was born, he stopped babbling. He had started crawling around then and that seemed more important to focus on. I kept babbling at him, but he wasn't interested in that anymore. Besides crying, laughter, and squeals, he was quiet.
Of course, that caused a lot of panic in my worry-wart self. I know all babies are different and develop differently. I was told by other parents, my sister, online searches and books that he will talk when he is ready and not to worry or push him. However, I also read in those books, online searches, heard from other parents and my sister about babies his age (or younger!) who were already or still babbling up a storm...had maybe even said a few recognizable words. Don't worry? Yea right.
On Thursday, we set up the webcam so that Grandma could talk to Danny. He smiled when he saw her. Clapped his hands. Showed off how he can cruise the furniture and pull up on the couch. Even showed her how he could pick up his dropped book. He knows and loves his Grandmommy. Later, Aunt Anna got her webcam up and running as well. Danny was taking a bath but Daniel brought his laptop into the bathroom so Danny could see Aunt Anna. Danny smiled big at her and showed her how he could splash. Aunt Anna's voice didn't match up with her lip movements though. It bothered Daniel and me (me because it was annoying but Daniel because he wanted to fix it) but Danny didn't seem to mind a bit. Suddenly, Danny started "talking" back to Aunt Anna. Surprisingly, audible words weren't being heard from his mouth either.
Now Danny has started babbling again. Most of the time there aren't any sounds behind his babbles. But he is moving those lips just like everyone else. :)
It's crazy how I worry so much when Danny isn't doing what the book says he should be doing. When in reality, he can't read. He doesn't know (or care!) that he should be babbling right now. He doesn't know that other babies are babbling. It's not like he is falling far behind. I shouldn't measure him to other babies. He IS perfect just the way he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment